What We Do
Through events, workshops and peer education, Health Education and Promotion (HEP) helps RISD students access the tools, skills and knowledge you need to achieve a personal state of wellness. Read below to learn more—or make an appointment to come see us.
In HEP, we provide health and wellness education across campus and lead initiatives that encourage, support and foster wellbeing. Our vision for RISD is of a community where wellbeing is a keystone of your artistic aspirations and success—and something we actively achieve through practice, both individually and together.
In service of our mission, we educate and lead initiatives across campus that encourage, support and foster a personal state of wellbeing.
Among the areas we cover are:
- ten dimensions of wellness (emotional, social, cultural, creative, spiritual, financial, occupational, intellectual, physical and environmental)
- sexual health and enjoyment
- consent and healthy relationships
- alcohol and other drug education
- LGBTQIA+ support and education
Students can access 1:1 support through our open office hours or by appointment. You can also contact us by email if you’d like to collaborate on health education programming.